This story was updated at 3:30 p.m. Friday.
TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – A 21-year-old Tarrytown woman was killed early Friday during an armed home invasion on Long Island.
Andrea Rebello, a Hofstra University junior majoring in public relations, was in her house with four people, including her twin sister, a block from campus in Uniondale, N.Y. A masked gunman forced his way inside at about 2 a.m. Friday. The gunman was later killed in an officer-involved shooting, Newsday reported.
Hofstra University President Stuart Rabinowitz acknowledged Rebello's death in a statement, calling it “a senseless act of violence.”
“Our hearts and minds and our thoughts and prayers are with her family, her friends, and her classmates,” he said.
- 1 Body Found In Hudson River Near West Point
- 2 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 3 Ossining Teacher, Former Coach Reassigned After Felony DWI Charge
- 4 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 5 Police Asking Public's Help In Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs