This story was updated at 3:30 p.m. Friday.
TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – A 21-year-old Tarrytown woman was killed early Friday during an armed home invasion on Long Island.
Andrea Rebello, a Hofstra University junior majoring in public relations, was in her house with four people, including her twin sister, a block from campus in Uniondale, N.Y. A masked gunman forced his way inside at about 2 a.m. Friday. The gunman was later killed in an officer-involved shooting, Newsday reported.
Hofstra University President Stuart Rabinowitz acknowledged Rebello's death in a statement, calling it “a senseless act of violence.”
“Our hearts and minds and our thoughts and prayers are with her family, her friends, and her classmates,” he said.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Tarrytown Man, 26, Pleads Guilty To Girlfriend’s Shooting Death
- 3 Sunspot Solar Flares Could Disrupt Tarrytown's Communication Signals
- 4 Sleepy Hollow Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 5 Tarrytown's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend