WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – A Greenburgh woman was charged with operating vehicle while impaired on drugs after striking a police vehicle on Saturday.
Lisa F. Rossi, 48, was charged after she fled the scene after striking a marked New York State Police vehicle that was stopped on the shoulder of the Sprain Brook Parkway. Rossi also struck another vehicle that was stopped along the Sprain Book Parkway in Hawthorne, police said.
Two N.Y. State troopers were treated and released at Westchester Medical Center. Rossi is due in court on Friday, Feb. 7.
The incident marked the second time in less than a week a motorist faced charges after crashing into a police car. A Westchester County police officer was hospitalized following an accident on the Saw Mill River Parkway in Dobbs Ferry on Wednesday, Jan. 29 with a driver accused of being drunk.
- 1 Body Found In Hudson River Near West Point
- 2 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 3 Ossining Teacher, Former Coach Reassigned After Felony DWI Charge
- 4 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 5 Police Asking Public's Help In Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs