Rebello, a Hofstra University junior majoring in public relations, was in her house with four people, including her twin sister, a block from campus in Uniondale, N.Y. A masked gunman forced his way inside at about 2 a.m. Friday. The gunman was later killed in an officer-involved shooting, Newsday reported.
Rebello was a graduate of Sleepy Hollow High School. She is survived by her parents Fernando and Nella, her twin sister and best friend Jessica and her extended family of grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins in Portugal.
Visitation was at Coffey Funeral Home on Tuesday from 4 to 8 p.m.. Her Funeral Mass will be Wednesday at 10 a.m. at St. Teresa of Avila Church with interment to follow in Sleepy Hollow Cemetery.
- 1 Likely Arrest Of Senate Leader Skelos Tied To Scarsdale Firm, Report Says
- 2 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 3 Greenburgh Officer Relieved Of Duty For Posting Racist Photo On Facebook
- 4 Somers Pepsi Site Sells For Nearly $87M; Carlos Slim Said To Be Owner
- 5 Historic Irvington Home About To Hit Market For $14.75M, Report Says