Rebello, a Hofstra University junior majoring in public relations, was in her house with four people, including her twin sister, a block from campus in Uniondale, N.Y. A masked gunman forced his way inside at about 2 a.m. Friday. The gunman was later killed in an officer-involved shooting, Newsday reported.
Rebello was a graduate of Sleepy Hollow High School. She is survived by her parents Fernando and Nella, her twin sister and best friend Jessica and her extended family of grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins in Portugal.
Visitation was at Coffey Funeral Home on Tuesday from 4 to 8 p.m.. Her Funeral Mass will be Wednesday at 10 a.m. at St. Teresa of Avila Church with interment to follow in Sleepy Hollow Cemetery.
- 1 Pocantico Hills' David Rockefeller Donates $4M For State Park Preserve
- 2 Hackley Ranks Among Smartest Private Schools In Nation
- 3 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 4 Snow Could Return To Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 5 Snow Chance, Wind Chills In 20s Await Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington