WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Amanda Iles, a former teacher at Archbishop Stepinac High School in White Plains, pleaded guilty Tuesday to raping a 14 year-old-boy, a former student, according to the District Attorney's office.
The former Eastchester resident will be sentenced on May 27.
According to the district attorney's office, she will be facing six months in prison, followed by 10-years of sex offender probation. Iles must register as a sex offender.
According to New York State law, Iles’ assigned sex-offender classification will determine if she will be listed in a public state directory.
Iles engaged in sexual encounters with the boy in Eastchester between June 11 and July 14, 2013, the DA said.
She reportedly knew the boy was a student at the school, said officials. When the boy's parents became aware of the encounters, they contacted Yonkers police.
Check back with the Daily Voice for more information.
- 1 Irvington Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Big Brew NY Beer Festival Returns With Outdoor Fest In Tarrytown
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern