HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- The residents of 58 Main Street in Hastings-on-Hudson are waiting for answers after the four-family building went up in flames late Wednesday afternoon.
Officials said the fire, which was quickly extinguished, began on the back porch of second floor at approximately 4:30 p.m.
After a tenant attempted to extinguish the fire, Daily Voice reporter Danny LoPriore, who is a resident of the building, called 911.
"We have no idea about the conditions of our apartments," LoPriore said. "They got the fire out quickly. Thankfully it started to downpour right after the fire started."
LoPriore's cat is still missing at the time of publication.
According to LoPriore, nine people live in the building, which shares its basement with a taxi service and nail salon.
It has not been determined whether the residents will be able to return to the building, or how much damage has been done to property.
Check back with Daily Voice for more information.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 4 Mason Struck, Killed By His Own Van In Greenburgh
- 5 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash