HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- The residents of 58 Main Street in Hastings-on-Hudson are waiting for answers after the four-family building went up in flames late Wednesday afternoon.
Officials said the fire, which was quickly extinguished, began on the back porch of second floor at approximately 4:30 p.m.
After a tenant attempted to extinguish the fire, Daily Voice reporter Danny LoPriore, who is a resident of the building, called 911.
"We have no idea about the conditions of our apartments," LoPriore said. "They got the fire out quickly. Thankfully it started to downpour right after the fire started."
LoPriore's cat is still missing at the time of publication.
According to LoPriore, nine people live in the building, which shares its basement with a taxi service and nail salon.
It has not been determined whether the residents will be able to return to the building, or how much damage has been done to property.
Check back with Daily Voice for more information.
- 1 Irvington Fire Chief Says He First Thought Stabbing Was Purse Snatching
- 2 Sleepy Hollow HS Principal Enjoys Appearance In Clinton Launch Video
- 3 Police Find More Than 10,000 Bags Of Heroin During Tarrytown Traffic Stop
- 4 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates
- 5 Deer Ticks Can Transmit Deadly Powassan Virus