Ex-Westchester Youth Coach Admits To Taping Sex Abuse

  • Comments (3)
The 59-year-old Cortlandt Manor man who was sentenced to 25 years in prison for predatory sexual assault, has admitted to videotaping seven minors under the age of 11, according to the Office of the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York
The 59-year-old Cortlandt Manor man who was sentenced to 25 years in prison for predatory sexual assault, has admitted to videotaping seven minors under the age of 11, according to the Office of the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York Photo Credit: New York State Police

CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- The 59-year-old Cortlandt Manor man who was sentenced to 25 years in prison for predatory sexual assault has admitted to videotaping seven minors under the age of 11, according to the Office of the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York. 

Former Westchester youth basketball coach Richard Dinizo entered a guilty plea Wednesday, May 7, to a six-count information filed earlier this week. The information to which Dinizo pleaded guilty charges that "Dinizo engaged in sexually explicit conduct with seven different minors, all under the age of 11 at the time of the sexual abuse, and videoed the sexual abuse, and that Dinizo transported the videos he made of the minors engaging in sexual activity to recipients outside of New York," according to the release. 

Preet Bharara, U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, and James T. Hayes, Jr., special agent in charge of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's Homeland Security Investigations, made the announcement. 

On April 25, the government unsealed a six-count indictment charging Dinizo with engaging in sexual activity with five minors and videoing it and transporting the sexually explicit videos to recipients outside of New York, according to the release. The six-count information supersedes that indictment and adds additional victims of Dinizo’s crimes, according to the release. 

“For the children preyed upon by Richard Dinizo, the encounter was a nightmare," Bharara said in the release. "This serial pedophile not only recorded his deviant criminal acts but shared those videos with others. This prosecution incapacitates and holds to account a dangerous man who threatened the well-being of children in our community.”

Hayes agreed.

“Today’s guilty plea will ensure that one of the most heartless and depraved child predators this office has ever encountered can never again victimize another child," Hayes said in the release.

  • 3
    Comments

Comments (3)

Throw away the key!

Hang him by the ....

! Sick sick sick!!!