GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Silvio Raul Illescas of Elmsford, 41, who pleaded guilty to rape, predatory sexual assault and assault charges in January, has been sentenced to 20 years to life in prison, according to a Westchester County District Attorney release.
Illescas used stolen cell phones to set up meetings with escorts through "backpage.com," who he then threatened to kill with a knife while he assaulted and raped them, officials said. He assaulted and raped at least four different women in Greenburgh, Tarrytown and Yonkers in 2011 and over the course of two months in 2013, according to the district attorney.
In three of the cases, the encounters began as consensual sex, but turned violent when Illescas refused to wear a condom, the release said.
Illescas pleaded guilty to stabbing his third and fourth victim in the chest and neck, respectively, when each attempted to flee. He also choked his second victim, leaving severe bruises, according to officials.
The second, third and fourth attacks all occurred at area hotels.
Greenburgh, Tarrytown and Westchester County police contributed to the investigation and arrest of Illescas.
- 1 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow Ranked Among Safest Places To Live In New York
- 2 Winter Won't Be So Bad In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington, NWS Says
- 3 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester
- 4 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 5 Missing Woman With Dementia Could Be In Westchester