GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Silvio Raul Illescas of Elmsford, 41, who pleaded guilty to rape, predatory sexual assault and assault charges in January, has been sentenced to 20 years to life in prison, according to a Westchester County District Attorney release.
Illescas used stolen cell phones to set up meetings with escorts through "backpage.com," who he then threatened to kill with a knife while he assaulted and raped them, officials said. He assaulted and raped at least four different women in Greenburgh, Tarrytown and Yonkers in 2011 and over the course of two months in 2013, according to the district attorney.
In three of the cases, the encounters began as consensual sex, but turned violent when Illescas refused to wear a condom, the release said.
Illescas pleaded guilty to stabbing his third and fourth victim in the chest and neck, respectively, when each attempted to flee. He also choked his second victim, leaving severe bruises, according to officials.
The second, third and fourth attacks all occurred at area hotels.
Greenburgh, Tarrytown and Westchester County police contributed to the investigation and arrest of Illescas.
- 1 Significant Snow, Ice Possible For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Westchester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 5 Accidents On Slippery Westchester Roadways Include Jackknifed Trailer