SCARSDALE, N.Y. – An Elmsford man was arrested on July 24 at the Fenway Golf Club in Scarsdale when tempers flared and a verbal disagreement turned physical.
According to police, Darryl Benton, 55, was arrested on Thursday morning after he was accused of charging into the course’s caddy shack near the clubhouse, and assaulting a caddy master.
The victim was standing inside the shack shortly before 10 a.m. on Thursday when Benton -- who is also employed in a different capacity at the club – stormed in and struck him in the head, according to police. The incident started when Benton lost money in the clubhouse soda machine, according to the report.
“The victim stated that several minutes prior to the assault, Benton had become angry about losing money in the soda machine located in the clubhouse employee locker room,” the report, filed by Officer Brett Purpura, says. “When he gave the suspect another soda, the suspect threw it on the golf course.”
The suspect was asked to leave by club officials, when he got angry saying, “I’m not scared of you” before striking the victim, splitting his lip and swelling over, according to police. He was transported to White Plains Hospital for further treatment. A pair of witnesses corroborated the caddy master’s story, police said.
Benton was charged with misdemeanor counts of assault in the third degree with the intent to cause physical harm and criminal possession of a weapon.
- 1 Police Warn Residents Of Service Company Imposters In Sleepy Hollow
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion; Storm Hits Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48