TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – A 2008 BMW was recently reported stolen from the front lot of Tarrytown Honda, police said.
A dealership employee reported the car missing around 6 p.m. on Sept. 21, saying it was on consignment. Police attempted to contact the car's owner to see if he took the car or gave permission for it to be removed from the dealership.
A manager later reported to police that Tarrytown Honda owned the car and that it had been stolen.
Police also reported the following items:
• A suicidal man was taken to Phelps Memorial Hospital after he texted a friend that he was going to walk into traffic on I-287 on Sept. 25. Police found the man on Route 119 near Meadow Street.
• A village garbage truck hit a car that was stopped in traffic near the intersection of Route 9 and Church Street on Sept. 25.
• Firefighters put out a telephone pole fire caused by a downed wire around 8 p.m. on Sept. 23.
• Anthony James Rocco, 29, was charged with attempted petit larceny, a misdemeanor, after a caller reported a man was apparently trying to steal a car on Cottage Place on Sept. 22. Rocco was arraigned on $1,500 cash bail or $5,000 bond and taken to the Westchester County Jail.
• Residents of a home on North Washington Street told police on Sept. 21 they had been the victim of several pranks: someone had thrown eggs at their door, sent fake food orders to the house and put a mattress in front of their door.
• A 28-year-old man was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation, on Neperan Road on Sept. 21.
• A 27-year-old man was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation, at the Asbury Terrace building on Sept. 20.
• Police received a report that deer were on the Metro North train tracks near the Washington Irving Boat Club on Sept. 20.
• An employee at the Deja VU Consignment Boutique reported that a customer tried to steal several items from the store on Sept. 20. The customer was last seen walking south on Route 9.
- 1 Silo Structures On Tappan Zee Bridge Collapse, Causing Spills
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow
- 4 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 5 Cuomo Announces New York Will Ban Fracking