WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Longtime theater critic Jacques le Sourd, who worked for several outlets including The Journal News, died in Preston, England on Wednesday, Feb. 5, according to LoHud.com.
Le Sourd, 64, was born in Paris, educated at the University of Chicago, and landed his first job with the Daily Times in Mamaroneck, according to PlayBill.com.
Le Sourd served as the theater critic for the Journal News for 34 years. His reviews were syndicated nationally before his position was eliminated in 2009, LoHud.com said. Prior to that, he wrote for The Patent Trader newspaper in Northern Westchester.
The longtime critic was remembered as an "old school" critic who was able to excel with both positive and negative reviews, according to LoHud.com.
- 1 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 2 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 3 Police Search For Person Who May Have Jumped Into Hudson River
- 4 Snow Could Affect Friday Commute In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 5 Student With Measles Rode Upstate Through Westchester