OSSINING, N.Y. - Veronica Herguth Campbell, a resident of Ossining and formerly of Tarrytown, died Saturday, May 3. She was 94.
Campbell was born March 7, 1920, to Harry Henry Herguth and Della Mary (Griffin) Herguth and raised in Tarrytown. Educated in the Tarrytown Public Schools, she graduated from Washington Irving High School in 1937 and Butler Business School the following year. She worked for General Motors for a time, and upon moving to Ossining in 1955 she worked for the Maryknoll Fathers, retiring in 1982. Five years later, in 1987, she returned to work at the Maryknoll Fathers part-time for another 20 years, until 2007, when again she retired—at the age of 87.
Campbell is survived by her children, Mary Lou Wheeler (Richard), Thomas J. Campbell (Cheryl), Barbara Cafarelli (Ronald), Nancy Vernon (David), Pamela Wood (Julian), Mark Campbell and Glenn Campbell; 13 grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Joseph F. Campbell; granddaughter, Kathryn Wheeler; sisters, Patricia Herguth Winkelman, Della Herguth Bohannon, Margaret T. Herguth; and four brothers, Henry, Vincent, Robert and Richard.
Calling hours are Tuesday, May 6 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Dorsey Funeral Home, Inc., 14 Emwilton Place, Ossining. The funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, May 7 at St. Augustine’s Church, Route 9, Ossining. Interment at Dale Cemetery, Ossining.
- 1 Police Warn Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Man Recovering As 'Ice Missile' From 18-Wheeler On TZB Breaks Windshield
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison