YONKERS, N.Y. - Steven Wolk, lifetime Yonkers resident, died June 8. He was 92.
Wolk was a graduate of Saunders Trade & Technical High School where he learned the art and skill of automotive mechanics. He then applied this skill in the Army Air Corps where he served as an airplane mechanic during World War II. Upon return from the service he worked at General Motors Corporation in Tarrytown, for the majority of his career.
Wolk is survived by his brother, William Seredensky of Yonkers; nephew, Robert of Delaware; and niece Debbie Ziggabara of Myrtle Beach, S.C.
Calling hours are Wednesday, June 11 from 4 to 7 p.m. at Flynn Memorial Home, on Central Park Ave. A celebration of Wolk's life will be held Wednesday, June 11 at 5 p.m. A funeral service will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday, June 12 at the funeral home. Interment will follow at Oakland Cemetery in Yonkers.
- 1 Silo Structures On Tappan Zee Bridge Collapse, Causing Spills
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow
- 4 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 5 Cuomo Announces New York Will Ban Fracking