YONKERS, N.Y. - Steven Wolk, lifetime Yonkers resident, died June 8. He was 92.
Wolk was a graduate of Saunders Trade & Technical High School where he learned the art and skill of automotive mechanics. He then applied this skill in the Army Air Corps where he served as an airplane mechanic during World War II. Upon return from the service he worked at General Motors Corporation in Tarrytown, for the majority of his career.
Wolk is survived by his brother, William Seredensky of Yonkers; nephew, Robert of Delaware; and niece Debbie Ziggabara of Myrtle Beach, S.C.
Calling hours are Wednesday, June 11 from 4 to 7 p.m. at Flynn Memorial Home, on Central Park Ave. A celebration of Wolk's life will be held Wednesday, June 11 at 5 p.m. A funeral service will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday, June 12 at the funeral home. Interment will follow at Oakland Cemetery in Yonkers.
- 1 Police Warn Residents Of Service Company Imposters In Sleepy Hollow
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion; Storm Hits Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48