TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - Sr. Sheila (Sr. Claude) Devlin, RSHM, died Jan. 27. She was 78.
Sr. Devlin was born in Brooklyn, to James and Mary Donovan Devlin, she entered the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary in Tarrytown in 1955. She taught in the Academy of the Sacred Heart of Mary, Manhattan, Colegio Marymount, Barcelona, Colombia and Riverdale Jr. High School (MS141), Bronx. After retiring from teaching, she moved to Marymount Convent, Tarrytown and was a member of the community.
Sr. Devlin is survived by her brother, Rev. James Devlin of Brooklyn; and sister, Mary Devlin of the Bronx.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Jan. 29 from 3 to 7:30 p.m. and vigil service at 7:30 p.m. at Marymount Convent, 32 Warren Ave., Tarrytown, N.Y. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11:30 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 30. Burial at Mount Calvary Cemetery, White Plains.
In lieu of flowers, gifts in Sr. Devlin’s name may be made to Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary, 50 Wilson Park Drive, Tarrytown, NY, 10591.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 3 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car
- 4 Mason Struck, Killed By His Own Van In Greenburgh
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington