TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - Sr. Sheila (Sr. Claude) Devlin, RSHM, died Jan. 27. She was 78.
Sr. Devlin was born in Brooklyn, to James and Mary Donovan Devlin, she entered the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary in Tarrytown in 1955. She taught in the Academy of the Sacred Heart of Mary, Manhattan, Colegio Marymount, Barcelona, Colombia and Riverdale Jr. High School (MS141), Bronx. After retiring from teaching, she moved to Marymount Convent, Tarrytown and was a member of the community.
Sr. Devlin is survived by her brother, Rev. James Devlin of Brooklyn; and sister, Mary Devlin of the Bronx.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Jan. 29 from 3 to 7:30 p.m. and vigil service at 7:30 p.m. at Marymount Convent, 32 Warren Ave., Tarrytown, N.Y. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11:30 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 30. Burial at Mount Calvary Cemetery, White Plains.
In lieu of flowers, gifts in Sr. Devlin’s name may be made to Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary, 50 Wilson Park Drive, Tarrytown, NY, 10591.
- 1 Bomb Threat Closes Irvington HS/MS Campus
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 3 Pocantico Hills' David Rockefeller Donates $4M For State Park Preserve
- 4 Hackley Ranks Among Smartest Private Schools In Nation
- 5 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show