TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - Sr. Dympna Haber, RSHM, of Tarrytown died March 31. She was 72.
Sr. Haber was born Nov. 14, 1941, in the Bronx, to Alexander and Mary Ann Stephens Haber, she entered the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary at Marymount in Tarrytown Sept. 8, 1964.
Sr. Haber taught at Marymount College, Quebec, Canada; at Marymount Manhattan College, New York City, and was parish minister at St. Joseph's, Bronxville. She was a member of the technical service and reference staff at Marymount College, Tarrytown and Fordham University Westchester. She was also webmaster for several RSHM websites.
Sr. Haber is survived by her brother, Lawrence Haber, of Danbury, Conn.; and by the members of her religious community.
Calling hours are Thursday, April 3 from 3 to 7:30 p.m., Vigil Service at 7:30 p.m. at Marymount Convent, 32 Warren Ave., Tarrytown. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Friday, April 4 at 10:30 a.m. Burial at Mount Calvary Cemetery, White Plains.
In lieu of flowers, gifts in Sr. Haber’s name may be made to Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary, 50 Wilson Park Drive, Tarrytown, NY, 10591.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow
- 3 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 4 NYPD Officers' Ambush-Style Killings Spark Outrage In Westchester
- 5 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow Could See Light Snow Overnight Into Sunday