TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - Sophie Imhof Sciarpelletti Doherty of Tarrytown died Feb. 9. She was 96.
Doherty was born June 29, 1917, in North Tarrytown; daughter of John and Hannah Peduzzi Imhof. She was a lifelong parishioner of Immaculate Conception Church. She was also a member of the VFW Post 1939 Ladies Auxiliary. For a period of about 20 years, she lived in Coconut Creek, Fla., before coming back to Tarrytown.
Doherty is survived by her sons, Bernard (Barbara) Sciarpelletti of Tarrytown and Anthony (Emelie) Sciarpelletti of Nashville, Tenn.; daughter, Elaine (Thomas Lajoie) Ham of Naugatuck; step-daughter, Regina Shesniak of Silver Lake; six grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husbands, Bernard Sciarpelletti and William Doherty; daughter, Barbara Bernardo; and siblings, Emil, Frank, John and Helen Imhof.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Feb. 12 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Coffey Funeral Home. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 13 followed by interment in Sleepy Hollow Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, P.O. Box 50 Memphis, TN 38101.
- 1 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 3 'I Am A Woman,' Says Former Sleepy Hollow Student Jenner In 20/20 Interview
- 4 Westchester Women's Agenda Honors Two Irvington Women
- 5 Tarrytown Music Hall Offers Family Fun Event