TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - Sophie Imhof Sciarpelletti Doherty of Tarrytown died Feb. 9. She was 96.
Doherty was born June 29, 1917, in North Tarrytown; daughter of John and Hannah Peduzzi Imhof. She was a lifelong parishioner of Immaculate Conception Church. She was also a member of the VFW Post 1939 Ladies Auxiliary. For a period of about 20 years, she lived in Coconut Creek, Fla., before coming back to Tarrytown.
Doherty is survived by her sons, Bernard (Barbara) Sciarpelletti of Tarrytown and Anthony (Emelie) Sciarpelletti of Nashville, Tenn.; daughter, Elaine (Thomas Lajoie) Ham of Naugatuck; step-daughter, Regina Shesniak of Silver Lake; six grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husbands, Bernard Sciarpelletti and William Doherty; daughter, Barbara Bernardo; and siblings, Emil, Frank, John and Helen Imhof.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Feb. 12 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Coffey Funeral Home. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 13 followed by interment in Sleepy Hollow Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, P.O. Box 50 Memphis, TN 38101.
- 1 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow Ranked Among Safest Places To Live In New York
- 2 Winter Won't Be So Bad In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington, NWS Says
- 3 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester
- 4 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 5 Sleepy Hollow Country Club Shed Burns