OSSINING, N.Y. - Ola Bunch, a longtime Ossining resident, died April 10. She was 93.
Bunch was born Oct. 3, 1920, in Windsor, N.C., to Lena (Pritchard) and Otis Veale. After her marriage she relocated to Ossining in 1938.
She was employed at Eastern Aircraft in Tarrytown and later with Reader's Digest in Chappaqua, retiring in 1983. She was a member of Star of Bethlehem Baptist Church in Ossining for more than 75 years and was consecrated as a church mother in 2012.
Bunch is survived by her daughter, Yvonne Bert; 13 grandchildren; 33 great-grandchildren; 23 great-great-grandchildren; many nieces and nephews; and cousins. She was predeceased by her husband, James; sons, James, Larry and Jerry; grandsons, Antoine and Darryl; sisters, Elizabeth Ziegler and Beryl Bowman; and brothers, Otis and Andrew Veale.
Calling hours are Friday, April 18 at 11 a.m., followed by a homegoing celebration at 12 p.m. at Star of Bethlehem Baptist Church, 304 Spring St., Ossining.
- 1 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 2 Snow Could Return To Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 3 Pocantico Hills' David Rockefeller Donates $4M For State Park Preserve
- 4 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 5 Hackley Ranks Among Smartest Private Schools In Nation