OSSINING, N.Y. - Ola Bunch, a longtime Ossining resident, died April 10. She was 93.
Bunch was born Oct. 3, 1920, in Windsor, N.C., to Lena (Pritchard) and Otis Veale. After her marriage she relocated to Ossining in 1938.
She was employed at Eastern Aircraft in Tarrytown and later with Reader's Digest in Chappaqua, retiring in 1983. She was a member of Star of Bethlehem Baptist Church in Ossining for more than 75 years and was consecrated as a church mother in 2012.
Bunch is survived by her daughter, Yvonne Bert; 13 grandchildren; 33 great-grandchildren; 23 great-great-grandchildren; many nieces and nephews; and cousins. She was predeceased by her husband, James; sons, James, Larry and Jerry; grandsons, Antoine and Darryl; sisters, Elizabeth Ziegler and Beryl Bowman; and brothers, Otis and Andrew Veale.
Calling hours are Friday, April 18 at 11 a.m., followed by a homegoing celebration at 12 p.m. at Star of Bethlehem Baptist Church, 304 Spring St., Ossining.
- 1 Police Warn Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Man Recovering As 'Ice Missile' From 18-Wheeler On TZB Breaks Windshield
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison