TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - Mary Lombardi, a lifelong resident of Tarrytown, died March 19. She was 84.
Lombardi was born in Tarrytown on June 29, 1928, daughter of Angelo and Marietta Ferrara Vaccaro. She resided in the Tarrytowns her entire life. She worked at Woolworth’s and Goldberg Hardware and as a cafeteria worker at Sleepy Hollow High School.
Lombardi is survived by her husband Thomas; daughters Kathleen of Tarrytown, Patricia (Thomas) Abt of Hopewell Junction and Joanne of West Park; two grandchildren; a great-grandson; sister, Lena (John) Donzella of Johnson City, Tenn.; and many nieces, nephews, grand nieces and grand nephews.
She was predeceased by her sisters Antonette Lupi and Susan Timm; and brothers Frank, Patsy and Tony.
Calling hours will be Thursday March 21 from 3 to 8 p.m. A Funeral Mass will be Friday at 10 a.m. at St. Teresa of Avila Church with interment to follow in Sleepy Hollow Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to St. Teresa of Avila Church 130 Beekman Ave., Sleepy Hollow, NY 10591 or Calvary Hospice 1740 Eastchester Road, Bronx, NY 10461. For more information visit: www.coffeyfuneralhome.com.
- 1 Irvington Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Big Brew NY Beer Festival Returns With Outdoor Fest In Tarrytown
- 4 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed