TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - Lynette Elaine Tivy Blanche of Tarrytown, formerly of Thornwood, died Aug. 16. She was 96.
Blanche was born June 4, 1918, to Caleb Charles St. Leger Tivy and Doris Tivy in Jamaica, British West Indies. She worked at the Readers' Digest. She was a longtime member of the Hawthorne Reformed Church. She was a member of the "Craft Table" at the Mt. Pleasant Seniors in Thornwood.
Blanche is survived by her son, Ramon Blanche (Wanda) of Palmetto, Fla.; daughters, Dolores Tavkar (Vijay) of Thornwood and Margo Blanche (Francisco Delgado) of Torrelodones, Madrid, Spain; five grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Wilbert H. Blanche; and brother, Cleveland Tivy.
A private cremation was held. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, Aug. 22 at the Hawthorne Reformed Church, 65 Broadway, Hawthorne, N.Y. 10532.
The family requests no flowers, please.
- 1 Tarrytown Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 2 Two Dozen Will Boycott Bill Cosby’s Shows At Tarrytown Music Hall
- 3 Tarrytown Schools Closed, Irvington Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday
- 4 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 5 Slippery Roads Cause Numerous Accidents Throughout Westchester