TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - Lynette Elaine Tivy Blanche of Tarrytown, formerly of Thornwood, died Aug. 16. She was 96.
Blanche was born June 4, 1918, to Caleb Charles St. Leger Tivy and Doris Tivy in Jamaica, British West Indies. She worked at the Readers' Digest. She was a longtime member of the Hawthorne Reformed Church. She was a member of the "Craft Table" at the Mt. Pleasant Seniors in Thornwood.
Blanche is survived by her son, Ramon Blanche (Wanda) of Palmetto, Fla.; daughters, Dolores Tavkar (Vijay) of Thornwood and Margo Blanche (Francisco Delgado) of Torrelodones, Madrid, Spain; five grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Wilbert H. Blanche; and brother, Cleveland Tivy.
A private cremation was held. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, Aug. 22 at the Hawthorne Reformed Church, 65 Broadway, Hawthorne, N.Y. 10532.
The family requests no flowers, please.
- 1 Police Warn Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 5 Fatal Crash On Sprain Brook Parkway Snarls Morning Commute