IRVINGTON, N.Y. – Joseph J. Fusilli, a 42-year resident of Irvington, died unexpectedly Jan. 25. He was 70.
Born March 29, 1942, in the Bronx, he was the son of Louis and Johanna Erath Fusilli. He worked for the New York City Police Department for 20 years, rising to the level of detective.
Fusilli is survived by his wife of 50 years, Selenia Ramirez Fusilli; a brother, Louis (Karen); two sons, Joseph (Laura) and Daniel (Melanie) Fusilli; a daughter, Johanna (Michael) Fortugno; and seven grandchildren. A son, Christopher, died in 2002.
Visitation is 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday and 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at Dwyer & Vanderbilt Funeral Home in Tarrytown. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday at Transfiguration Church in Tarrytown.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Sleepy Hollow Football Boosters, c/o Fortugno, 88 Barnes Road, Tarrytown, NY 10591.
- 1 Silo Structures On Tappan Zee Bridge Collapse, Causing Spills
- 2 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow
- 4 Cuomo Announces New York Will Ban Fracking
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Tarrytown, Sleepy HollowWill Have To Wait On 'Interview'