IRVINGTON, N.Y. – Joseph J. Fusilli, a 42-year resident of Irvington, died unexpectedly Jan. 25. He was 70.
Born March 29, 1942, in the Bronx, he was the son of Louis and Johanna Erath Fusilli. He worked for the New York City Police Department for 20 years, rising to the level of detective.
Fusilli is survived by his wife of 50 years, Selenia Ramirez Fusilli; a brother, Louis (Karen); two sons, Joseph (Laura) and Daniel (Melanie) Fusilli; a daughter, Johanna (Michael) Fortugno; and seven grandchildren. A son, Christopher, died in 2002.
Visitation is 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday and 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at Dwyer & Vanderbilt Funeral Home in Tarrytown. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday at Transfiguration Church in Tarrytown.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Sleepy Hollow Football Boosters, c/o Fortugno, 88 Barnes Road, Tarrytown, NY 10591.
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion; Storm Hits Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 2 Man Charged With DWI In Briarcliff Wrong-Way Crash
- 3 Snow Could Be Returning To Sleepy Hollow, Tarrytown, Irvington Tuesday
- 4 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Greenburgh School Aide Questioned About Baring Breasts In Film