IRVINGTON, N.Y. – Joseph J. Fusilli, a 42-year resident of Irvington, died unexpectedly Jan. 25. He was 70.
Born March 29, 1942, in the Bronx, he was the son of Louis and Johanna Erath Fusilli. He worked for the New York City Police Department for 20 years, rising to the level of detective.
Fusilli is survived by his wife of 50 years, Selenia Ramirez Fusilli; a brother, Louis (Karen); two sons, Joseph (Laura) and Daniel (Melanie) Fusilli; a daughter, Johanna (Michael) Fortugno; and seven grandchildren. A son, Christopher, died in 2002.
Visitation is 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday and 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at Dwyer & Vanderbilt Funeral Home in Tarrytown. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday at Transfiguration Church in Tarrytown.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Sleepy Hollow Football Boosters, c/o Fortugno, 88 Barnes Road, Tarrytown, NY 10591.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Tarrytown Skies Sunday
- 2 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 3 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 4 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Ghouls, Goblins Prepare For Tarrytown's Halloween Parade