SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. - Jose Pereira, a longtime resident of Sleepy Hollow, died July 31. He was 88.
Pereira was born May 16, 1926, in Philadelphia, Pa., to Jose and Maria Pereira. He was employed by General Motors for many years and was a member of the Portuguese American Cultural Center of the Tarrytowns and of Saint Teresa of Avila Church.
Pereira is survived by his wife, Laurinda; daughter, Isabel of Sleepy Hollow; a granddaughter; siblings, Celeste Correira, Fernanda Reis and Tony Alves; and several nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents; and sisters, Gloria Ribeiro and Adelaide Perdigao.
Calling hours are Friday, Aug. 8 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Coffey Funeral Home in Tarrytown. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 9 at St. Teresa of Avila Church with interment to follow in Sleepy Hollow Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Pereira’s honor to the Alzheimer’s Association, 2 Jefferson Plaza, Suite 103 Poughkeepsie, NY 12601.
- 1 Tarrytown Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 2 Two Dozen Will Boycott Bill Cosby’s Shows At Tarrytown Music Hall
- 3 Snow Likely In Tarrytown On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 4 Route 119 Reopens After Closure In Greenburgh
- 5 Tarrytown Schools Closed, Irvington Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday