SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. - Jose Pereira, a longtime resident of Sleepy Hollow, died July 31. He was 88.
Pereira was born May 16, 1926, in Philadelphia, Pa., to Jose and Maria Pereira. He was employed by General Motors for many years and was a member of the Portuguese American Cultural Center of the Tarrytowns and of Saint Teresa of Avila Church.
Pereira is survived by his wife, Laurinda; daughter, Isabel of Sleepy Hollow; a granddaughter; siblings, Celeste Correira, Fernanda Reis and Tony Alves; and several nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents; and sisters, Gloria Ribeiro and Adelaide Perdigao.
Calling hours are Friday, Aug. 8 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Coffey Funeral Home in Tarrytown. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 9 at St. Teresa of Avila Church with interment to follow in Sleepy Hollow Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Pereira’s honor to the Alzheimer’s Association, 2 Jefferson Plaza, Suite 103 Poughkeepsie, NY 12601.
- 1 Woman Found Dead In Greenburgh Home ID'd
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director