LAUREL, Md. - John E. LaCarrubba of Laurel, formerly of North Tarrytown, died Jan. 23. He was 93.
LaCarrubba was born Nov. 25, 1920, in N. Tarrytown. to Emanuel and Mildred (Zingaro) LaCarrubba and graduated from North Tarrytown High School in 1939. From 1940 to 1947, he served as a radioman in the U.S. Navy. From 1947 to 1967, he served in the U.S. Army counterintelligence corps. He was a retired special agent with the Federal Drug Enforcement Administration.
LaCarrubba is survived by his wife, Resi Peter LaCarrubba; children, Deborah (Michael) Nielson, Dundalk, John E. (Dolores) LaCarrubba, North River, N.Y., Michael LaCarrubba, Steven (Penny) LaCarrubba, both of Laurel; two grandchildren; a great-granddaughter; siblings, Dominick LaCarrubba, Canton, GA., Mafalda Tornello, Sleepy Hollow; and numerous nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his first wife, Marie Delfay LaCarrubba; and sister, Theresa Andres.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Jan. 29 from 3 to 7 p.m. at Coffey Funeral Home where services will be held Thursday, Jan. 30 at 10:30 a.m. followed by interment at Sleepy Hollow Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Hospice of the Chesapeake, 90 Ritchie Highway, Pasadena, MD 21122.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Silo Structures On Tappan Zee Bridge Collapse, Causing Spills
- 3 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 4 Sleepy Hollow Mayor Tells Staff To Avoid Nonprofit, Report Says
- 5 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester