LAUREL, Md. - John E. LaCarrubba of Laurel, formerly of North Tarrytown, died Jan. 23. He was 93.
LaCarrubba was born Nov. 25, 1920, in N. Tarrytown. to Emanuel and Mildred (Zingaro) LaCarrubba and graduated from North Tarrytown High School in 1939. From 1940 to 1947, he served as a radioman in the U.S. Navy. From 1947 to 1967, he served in the U.S. Army counterintelligence corps. He was a retired special agent with the Federal Drug Enforcement Administration.
LaCarrubba is survived by his wife, Resi Peter LaCarrubba; children, Deborah (Michael) Nielson, Dundalk, John E. (Dolores) LaCarrubba, North River, N.Y., Michael LaCarrubba, Steven (Penny) LaCarrubba, both of Laurel; two grandchildren; a great-granddaughter; siblings, Dominick LaCarrubba, Canton, GA., Mafalda Tornello, Sleepy Hollow; and numerous nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his first wife, Marie Delfay LaCarrubba; and sister, Theresa Andres.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Jan. 29 from 3 to 7 p.m. at Coffey Funeral Home where services will be held Thursday, Jan. 30 at 10:30 a.m. followed by interment at Sleepy Hollow Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Hospice of the Chesapeake, 90 Ritchie Highway, Pasadena, MD 21122.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Westchester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Blizzard Warning Issued For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Irvington Declares State Of Emergency, Continuing Indefinitely