LAUREL, Md. - John E. LaCarrubba of Laurel, formerly of North Tarrytown, died Jan. 23. He was 93.
LaCarrubba was born Nov. 25, 1920, in N. Tarrytown. to Emanuel and Mildred (Zingaro) LaCarrubba and graduated from North Tarrytown High School in 1939. From 1940 to 1947, he served as a radioman in the U.S. Navy. From 1947 to 1967, he served in the U.S. Army counterintelligence corps. He was a retired special agent with the Federal Drug Enforcement Administration.
LaCarrubba is survived by his wife, Resi Peter LaCarrubba; children, Deborah (Michael) Nielson, Dundalk, John E. (Dolores) LaCarrubba, North River, N.Y., Michael LaCarrubba, Steven (Penny) LaCarrubba, both of Laurel; two grandchildren; a great-granddaughter; siblings, Dominick LaCarrubba, Canton, GA., Mafalda Tornello, Sleepy Hollow; and numerous nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his first wife, Marie Delfay LaCarrubba; and sister, Theresa Andres.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Jan. 29 from 3 to 7 p.m. at Coffey Funeral Home where services will be held Thursday, Jan. 30 at 10:30 a.m. followed by interment at Sleepy Hollow Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Hospice of the Chesapeake, 90 Ritchie Highway, Pasadena, MD 21122.
- 1 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers
- 2 IRS Warns Tarrytown Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Pedestrian Struck, Killed In One Of Three Accidents On Saw Mill Parkway
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill River Parkway In Dobbs Ferry Is ID'd
- 5 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations