YONKERS, N.Y. - Emilian Tutko, a longtime Yonkers resident, died Monday, July 21. He was 87.
Tutko was born May 12, 1927, to William and Maria Tutko, in Poland, where he was raised and educated. He was a groundskeeper at the Rockefeller Estate in Tarrytown for over 45 years until his retirement. He was a parishioner of St. Michael's Ukrainian Catholic Church.
Tutko is survived by his wife, Anna of Yonkers; son, Sam Tutko of Mountaindale; daughters, Maria Tutko Dallas of Florence, Ky., and Irene Tutko Sudol (Anthony) of Yonkers; sister, Martha Koren of Poland; two grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his son in law, David Dallas; sisters, Anna Piechowicz and Helana Tutko; and brother, Simon Tutko.
Calling hours are Thursday, July 24 from 4 to 9 p.m. at Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. Pannakhyda will be Thursday, July 24 at 5:30 p.m. Funeral Service will be held at 9;30 a.m. Friday, July 25 in St. Michael's Ukrainian Catholic Church. Interment will follow at Mt. Hope Cemetery.
- 1 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow Ranked Among Safest Places To Live In New York
- 2 Winter Won't Be So Bad In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington, NWS Says
- 3 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester
- 4 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 5 Missing Woman With Dementia Could Be In Westchester