SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. – Ellen Dorothy Jean, a longtime Sleepy Hollow resident, died Sunday, Jan. 27. She was 78.
Jean was born Aug. 28, 1934, in Bronx, N.Y., to Elio and Ida Rutulante Colasacco. She graduated with honors from Theodore Roosevelt High School in the Bronx.
She earned a bachelor’s degree from Hunter College, the first in her family to graduate from college. In November 1966, she married Robert P. Jean at St. Joseph’s Church in Yonkers.
Jean worked in various capacities before raising her children. She later worked for Marymount College in Tarrytown until her retirement in 2000.
An avid reader, she enjoyed participating in book clubs and spent many years tutoring school children as a volunteer.
Jean is survived by her husband of 46 years, Robert; a son, Robert Eliot Jean, of Charlottesville, Va.; a daughter, Janet (Brian) Downing, of Sleepy Hollow; a brother, Robert M. Colasacco, of Yonkers; a step-grandson; a granddaughter; and many cousins, nephews and nieces.
Visitation is from 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday and from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday at Coffey Funeral Home in Tarrytown. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at Church of the Magdalene in Pocantico Hills. Burial will follow at Sleepy Hollow Cemetery.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Westchester Farmers Market Finalists Announced In DVlicious Contest
- 3 Tarrytown Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night
- 4 Former Dobbs Ferry Resident Mark Zuckerberg Says He's Going To Be A Dad
- 5 Billionaire Westchester Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies