TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – Elizabeth "Betty" Naples, formerly of Tarrytown, died Jan. 16. She was 78.
A longtime Tarrytown resident, Naples was born Sept. 24, 1934, in Tarrytown to Eleanor Curtin. She graduated from Washington Irving High School in 1953. She was married to Anthony J. Naples.
She was a member and former president of the Riverside Hose Ladies Auxiliary. She most recently lived in Largo, Fla.
Naples is survived by five children, Debra (Don) Coleman, of Yonkers, Cheryl Cappello, of Sleepy Hollow, JoAnn Sullivan, of Tarrytown, Anthony Naples, and his fiancé, Matilda Rodriguez, of Largo, and John (Donna) Naples, of Seminole, Fla.; eight grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
Her husband died in 2001; a son, Michael Naples, in 1977; and a brother, Andrew Cupryna, in 2009.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at Coffey Funeral Home in Tarrytown. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday at Immaculate Conception Church in Irvington. Burial will follow at Sleepy Hollow Cemetery.
- 1 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow Farmers Market Opens Saturday
- 2 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 3 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 4 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 5 Storms Could Spoil Memorial Day In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington