TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – Elizabeth "Betty" Naples, formerly of Tarrytown, died Jan. 16. She was 78.
A longtime Tarrytown resident, Naples was born Sept. 24, 1934, in Tarrytown to Eleanor Curtin. She graduated from Washington Irving High School in 1953. She was married to Anthony J. Naples.
She was a member and former president of the Riverside Hose Ladies Auxiliary. She most recently lived in Largo, Fla.
Naples is survived by five children, Debra (Don) Coleman, of Yonkers, Cheryl Cappello, of Sleepy Hollow, JoAnn Sullivan, of Tarrytown, Anthony Naples, and his fiancé, Matilda Rodriguez, of Largo, and John (Donna) Naples, of Seminole, Fla.; eight grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
Her husband died in 2001; a son, Michael Naples, in 1977; and a brother, Andrew Cupryna, in 2009.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at Coffey Funeral Home in Tarrytown. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday at Immaculate Conception Church in Irvington. Burial will follow at Sleepy Hollow Cemetery.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Tarrytown Skies Sunday
- 2 Tarrytown Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend
- 3 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 4 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 5 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester