SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. - Edwin A. Jacobsen of Sleepy Hollow died July 23. He was 96.
Jacobsen was born May 26, 1918, in Yonkers, and was the son of Henry and Edna Sophia (Heinrichs) Jacobsen. He served during World War II as a pilot of a B-17 in the European Theater. He was a recipient of the Distinguished Flying Cross and completed 36 missions as a member of the 8th Army Air Corps, 95th Bomb Group. He was a longtime member of the Masonic Lodge in Tarrytown.
Jacobsen is survived by his daughter, Jane J. Hollinger; sons, Robert S. Jacobsen and David E. Jacobsen; five grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his wife, Mary F. Jacobsen; son, James B. Jacobsen; grandson, Robert S. Jacobsen, Jr.; and brother, Robert Wilbur Jacobsen.
Funeral Services are private.
Memorial donations in Jacobsen's name may be made to the Muscular Dystrophy Assn. 222 S. Riverside Plaza, Suite 1500, Chicago, IL 60606 or MDA.org.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Tarrytown Man, 26, Pleads Guilty To Girlfriend’s Shooting Death
- 3 Sunspot Solar Flares Could Disrupt Tarrytown's Communication Signals
- 4 Sleepy Hollow Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 5 Tarrytown's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend