SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. - Edwin A. Jacobsen of Sleepy Hollow died July 23. He was 96.
Jacobsen was born May 26, 1918, in Yonkers, and was the son of Henry and Edna Sophia (Heinrichs) Jacobsen. He served during World War II as a pilot of a B-17 in the European Theater. He was a recipient of the Distinguished Flying Cross and completed 36 missions as a member of the 8th Army Air Corps, 95th Bomb Group. He was a longtime member of the Masonic Lodge in Tarrytown.
Jacobsen is survived by his daughter, Jane J. Hollinger; sons, Robert S. Jacobsen and David E. Jacobsen; five grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his wife, Mary F. Jacobsen; son, James B. Jacobsen; grandson, Robert S. Jacobsen, Jr.; and brother, Robert Wilbur Jacobsen.
Funeral Services are private.
Memorial donations in Jacobsen's name may be made to the Muscular Dystrophy Assn. 222 S. Riverside Plaza, Suite 1500, Chicago, IL 60606 or MDA.org.
- 1 Irvington Declares State Of Emergency, Continuing Indefinitely
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Westchester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Blizzard Warning Issued For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 4 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Dodge Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow