POCANTICO HILLS, N.Y. – Donald P. Doorley of Pocantico Hills died July 7. She was 84.
Born June 16, 1928 in North Tarrytown, he was the son of John and Helen Flynn Doorley. He served in the U.S. Army from 1949 to 1952. Doorley worked at Title Guarantee in White Plains and retired as vice president.
He married Jeanne Malone on May 22, 1954 in St. Teresa’s Church in North Tarrytown. He was an active life member of Hilltop Engine Co. No. 1 and an ex-chief of the department. Doorley also served on the board of fire commissioners.
He was a member of St. Elmo’s Council 318 of the Knights of Columbus and a member and past exalted ruler of the Ossining Elks Lodge.
Doorley is survived by his wife of 60 years, Jeanne, two sons, Donald P. (Patricia O'Connor) Doorley Jr. of Ridgefield, Conn. and David F. (Jeanne) Doorley of Cortlandt Manor, a daughter, Deborah J. (Louis Sorrentino) Doorley of Cortlandt Manor and three grandchildren. He was predeceased by four brothers, William, John, Edwin and Clifford.
Visitation will be from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at Coffey Funeral Home in Tarrytown. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday at Church of the Magdalene. Burial will follow at Sleepy Hollow Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations to the Church of the Magdalene, 525 Bedford Road, Sleepy Hollow, NY 10591.
- 1 Saw Mill Parkway Wrong-Way Driver Charged With DWI ID'd
- 2 Significant Snow, Ice Possible For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 4 Accidents On Slippery Westchester Roadways Include Jackknifed Trailer
- 5 Mayor Ken Wray Heads Unite Sleepy Hollow Village Election Ticket