POCANTICO HILLS, N.Y. – Donald P. Doorley of Pocantico Hills died July 7. She was 84.
Born June 16, 1928 in North Tarrytown, he was the son of John and Helen Flynn Doorley. He served in the U.S. Army from 1949 to 1952. Doorley worked at Title Guarantee in White Plains and retired as vice president.
He married Jeanne Malone on May 22, 1954 in St. Teresa’s Church in North Tarrytown. He was an active life member of Hilltop Engine Co. No. 1 and an ex-chief of the department. Doorley also served on the board of fire commissioners.
He was a member of St. Elmo’s Council 318 of the Knights of Columbus and a member and past exalted ruler of the Ossining Elks Lodge.
Doorley is survived by his wife of 60 years, Jeanne, two sons, Donald P. (Patricia O'Connor) Doorley Jr. of Ridgefield, Conn. and David F. (Jeanne) Doorley of Cortlandt Manor, a daughter, Deborah J. (Louis Sorrentino) Doorley of Cortlandt Manor and three grandchildren. He was predeceased by four brothers, William, John, Edwin and Clifford.
Visitation will be from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at Coffey Funeral Home in Tarrytown. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday at Church of the Magdalene. Burial will follow at Sleepy Hollow Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations to the Church of the Magdalene, 525 Bedford Road, Sleepy Hollow, NY 10591.
- 1 Police Warn Residents Of Service Company Imposters In Sleepy Hollow
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion; Storm Hits Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48