TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – Barbara H. Volkell of Tarrytown died Jan. 29. She was 77.
Volkell was born April 14, 1935, in New York City to Joseph and Jesse Zahn Schaeffer. She worked for Wachovia Securities in White Plains and was married to Joseph Volkell.
She is survived by her husband; three daughters, JoAnn (Lou) Giordano, of Yorktown, Jackie Volkell, of Tarrytown, and Stephanie Volkell, of Briarcliff Manor; and two grandsons.
Services were held Thursday. Coffey Funeral Home handled arrangements.
- 1 Police Warn Residents Of Service Company Imposters In Sleepy Hollow
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion; Storm Hits Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 4 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48