TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – Barbara H. Volkell of Tarrytown died Jan. 29. She was 77.
Volkell was born April 14, 1935, in New York City to Joseph and Jesse Zahn Schaeffer. She worked for Wachovia Securities in White Plains and was married to Joseph Volkell.
She is survived by her husband; three daughters, JoAnn (Lou) Giordano, of Yorktown, Jackie Volkell, of Tarrytown, and Stephanie Volkell, of Briarcliff Manor; and two grandsons.
Services were held Thursday. Coffey Funeral Home handled arrangements.
- 1 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 2 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 3 Police Search For Person Who May Have Jumped Into Hudson River
- 4 Snow Could Affect Friday Commute In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 5 Student With Measles Rode Upstate Through Westchester