TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – Barbara Janos of Tarrytown died Jan. 4 at her home. She was 81.
Janos was born Oct. 5, 1931, to Mae (Legeman) and Harold Gross. She graduated from Washington Irving High School, where she was drum majorette, and had lived in Tarrytown, Somers and Stuart, Fla.
After high school, she worked for General Precision Corp. She later worked as a secretary at Christ Church in Tarrytown. She was an active member of the Tarrytown Seniors.
Janos is survived by two sons, Paul John Janos Jr., of Tarrytown, and David Thomas Janos, of Lake Worth, Fla.; and four grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband of 49 years, Paul John Janos Sr.; two sisters, Edith Kipp and Harriet Del Cantaro; and a brother, Albert Gross.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at Coffey Funeral Home in Tarrytown. Services will be private.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Phelps Hospice, 701 North Broadway, Sleepy Hollow, NY 10591.
- 1 Snow Could Be Returning To Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 2 Pocantico Hills' David Rockefeller Donates $4M For State Park Preserve
- 3 Hackley Ranks Among Smartest Private Schools In Nation
- 4 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 5 Snow Could Return To Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington