TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - Assis Silvestre of Tarrytown died March 24. He was 82.
Silvestre was born Feb. 19, 1932, in Bustos, Portugal, he was the son of Antonio and Maria De Jesus DosSantos Silvestre. He had worked at Marymount College for about 34 years before he retired in 2008. He was a member of the Portuguese American Cultural Club in Tarrytown.
Silvestre is survived by his wife, Maria Amalia (Vida); daughter, Carla; brothers, Manual of Sao Paolo, Brazil and Lino and Fernando both of Barquisineto, Venezuela; many nieces, nephews; cousins; and friends.
Calling hours are Wednesday, March 26 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Coffey Funeral Home. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated Thursday, March 27 at St. Teresa of Avila Church at a time to be announced. Burial will be in Portugal.
- 1 Police Warn Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 5 Fatal Crash On Sprain Brook Parkway Snarls Morning Commute