TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - Assis Silvestre of Tarrytown died March 24. He was 82.
Silvestre was born Feb. 19, 1932, in Bustos, Portugal, he was the son of Antonio and Maria De Jesus DosSantos Silvestre. He had worked at Marymount College for about 34 years before he retired in 2008. He was a member of the Portuguese American Cultural Club in Tarrytown.
Silvestre is survived by his wife, Maria Amalia (Vida); daughter, Carla; brothers, Manual of Sao Paolo, Brazil and Lino and Fernando both of Barquisineto, Venezuela; many nieces, nephews; cousins; and friends.
Calling hours are Wednesday, March 26 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Coffey Funeral Home. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated Thursday, March 27 at St. Teresa of Avila Church at a time to be announced. Burial will be in Portugal.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Westchester Farmers Market Finalists Announced In DVlicious Contest
- 3 Tarrytown Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night
- 4 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 5 Former Dobbs Ferry Resident Mark Zuckerberg Says He's Going To Be A Dad