TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – Anton "Tony" Bischof of Tarrytown died Oct. 7. He was 78.
He was born July 20, 1934, in the former Yugoslavia to Anton and Elizabeth Bischof. During World War II, the family moved to Austria, where Bischof met his future wife, Margaret Kempf.
Bischof later immigrated to the U.S. with his family and served in the Army. He married Kempf on Sept. 14, 1957, in Sleepy Hollow. He worked for Tensolite Wire for 35 years and was a member of the Tarrytown Fire Department Consolidated Engine Company No. 1 for more than 40 years.
He is survived by his wife of 55 years, Margaret; four children, Joseph (Nushi) Bischof of Danbury, Conn., and Anneliese (Mark) Galgano, Robert (Maribeth) Bischof and Susi Bischof, all of Tarrytown; a sister, Anna Hrebik; and 11 grandchildren. He was predeceased by a sister, Katherine.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at Coffey Funeral Home in Tarrytown. A funeral Mass will be celebrated Thursday at Transfiguration Church in Tarrytown. Burial will follow at Sleepy Hollow Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Arthritis Foundation.
- 1 Westchester Farmers Market Finalists Announced In DVlicious Contest
- 2 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 3 Tarrytown Student Stars In New TV Sitcom, 'The Wonderful Wayneys'
- 4 Billionaire Westchester Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 5 Greenburgh Supermarket Manager Collects Millions In Lottery