WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- With a major Nor'easter bearing down on the Northeast, the National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning for Westchester County from late Wednesday through late Thursday.
Snow is expected to come into the area late Wednesday night with temperatures in the high 20's and winds blowing north at 15 mph to 20 mph and gusts reaching 30 mph.
Snow is expected to become heavy in some parts of the area Thursday morning and remain in the area until tapering off late Thursday night. Visibilities will be limited to one-quarter of a mile to half a mile at times.
A total of 6-10 inches is possible, with higher amounts to the north and west.
- 1 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 2 Irvington Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Big Brew NY Beer Festival Returns With Outdoor Fest In Tarrytown