WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Dr. Valiere Alcena, longtime member of the White Plains Hospital medical staff, was honored at a reception by the Einstein Chapter of the Student National Medical Association for his contributions to science and the profession of medicine.
Alcena joined the medical staff of White Plains Hospital in the late 1970's, when he founded and served as the medical director of what is now the Slater Neighborhood Health Fair, which provides valuable screenings and health information to hundreds of under-insured individuals in the White Plains community every spring.
A long-respected leader in internal medicine, hematology, oncology and community service, Alcena is the author of numerous books on racial and ethnic health disparities.
Visit wphospital.org to learn more.
- 1 Sleepy Hollow Bar & Restaurant Fined For Several Liquor Violations
- 2 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 3 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 4 Irvington Realtors Featured On New York Television Show
- 5 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington