WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Dr. Valiere Alcena, longtime member of the White Plains Hospital medical staff, was honored at a reception by the Einstein Chapter of the Student National Medical Association for his contributions to science and the profession of medicine.
Alcena joined the medical staff of White Plains Hospital in the late 1970's, when he founded and served as the medical director of what is now the Slater Neighborhood Health Fair, which provides valuable screenings and health information to hundreds of under-insured individuals in the White Plains community every spring.
A long-respected leader in internal medicine, hematology, oncology and community service, Alcena is the author of numerous books on racial and ethnic health disparities.
Visit wphospital.org to learn more.
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion; Storm Hits Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 2 Man Charged With DWI In Briarcliff Wrong-Way Crash
- 3 Snow Could Be Returning To Sleepy Hollow, Tarrytown, Irvington Tuesday
- 4 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Greenburgh School Aide Questioned About Baring Breasts In Film