TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Monday is Columbus Day, a federal holiday. Here’s a look at some places that will be open or closed in Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow and Irvington.
- All Public Schools of the Tarrytowns and Irvington will be closed.
- The Warner and Irvington Libraries will be closed.
- Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow and Irvington Village Halls as well as other local government offices will be closed.
- Most banks will be closed, but call your branch ahead of time to be sure.
- Post Office branches will be closed.
- All sanitation routes will be picked up on Tuesday. Wednesday will be recyclables pick up only.
- All state offices and courthouses will be closed.
- All federal offices and courthouses not already closed by the government shutdown will be closed.
Supermarkets, restaurants, bars, liquor stores and other retail locations are open. However, these places may be operating on a Sunday schedule or special holiday hours. It’s a good idea to call ahead before heading out to any of these establishments.
Metro-North will run on a regular weekday schedule.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.