WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Showers and thunderstorms will begin to move out of Westchester County by early afternoon on Wednesday and lead to gradual clearing.
Scattered showers could persist in some areas in the afternoon. High temperatures will be in the low 80s.
A coastal flood advisory will remain in effect until 1 p.m.
Overnight, .85 inches of rain fell at Westchester County Airport in White Plains.
The worst of the rainfall occurred on Long Island. Islip airport recorded 13.1 inches of rain overnight with Holbrook right behind it at 10.82
The sun will return on Thursday with temperatures in the high 70s and should remain throughout the weekend.
- 1 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 2 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 3 Events To Remember Hosts 'Sassy Ladies Night' In Tarrytown
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 5 Trader Joe's Recalls Walnuts Because Of Possible Health Risk