TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow and Irvington last week:
- Tarrytown's Vanessa Williams has had a tax lien filed against her by the Internal Revenue Service for $369,249, according to cnn.com.
- Ossining Union Free School District and the Family YMCA at Tarrytown have collaborated to bring a new after-school program, "School's Out," to the community.
- A man staying in the Hilton Westchester in Rye Brook for a wedding accidentally shot a man in the next room who was attending another wedding.
- A Blue Ribbon panel set up by the Metropolitan Transit Authority has released a report berating Metro-North for maintenance problems and the lack of a safety culture, according to amny.com.
- The New York Times editorial board announced it would not endorse Gov. Andrew Cuomo, or any Democrat in the primary on Sept. 9.
- 1 Police Find More Than 10,000 Bags Of Heroin During Tarrytown Traffic Stop
- 2 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 3 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 4 Schools In Westchester Reporting High Test Opt-Out Rates
- 5 Tarrytown Road Work Expected To Close Lane On Saturday