TARRYTOWN, N.Y. Police arrested and charged a man for driving while intoxicated on Christmas Day after officers said he was involved in a dispute with a woman and followed her in a car.
Cesar Padilla had a blood alcohol content of more than .08 percent, police said. He was later released with a court date of Jan. 4.
A woman called police around 8 p.m. to report that she had been involved in an ongoing dispute with Padilla. The woman said she was driving down Franklin St. with Padilla following her in a black Honda Accord, according to police reports.
Police said Padilla consented to a chemical breath test, which yielded a positive reading.
The following items were also reported by police:
- DUI Accident: Police charged a man with unlawful possession of marijuana and driving while ability impaired-drugs after a two-car accident in front of Kraft Foods around 7 p.m. on Dec. 28. The driver of the second vehicle was taken to Phelps Hospital for a head laceration.
- Downed Wires: A man called police around 8 p.m. on Dec. 27 to report downed wires that were burning in the woods behind his house on Sheldon Ave.
- Dog Bite: A 5-year-old poodle named Toby bit a man in front of a house on South Washington St. around noon on Christmas Day. Police were able to get a pedigree from the dog's owner, but not a current rabies certificate because the owner said he did not have a vet at the time.
- Fighting Brothers: Police arrested two brothers after their mother reported they were fighting on Park Ave. and police determined they were mutual combatants around 4:30 a.m. on Christmas Day. One brother refused medical attention for a bleeding nose, swelling and bruising. The other brother refused medical attention for a bite on his right arm.
- Train Robbery: A man on a MTA Metro-North train reported that two youths had tried to rob him around midnight on Christmas Day. Metro-North Police later said the incident had been a dispute and not a robbery.
- Rollover: Police responded to a report of a car rollover on Highland Ave. around 10:30 p.m. on Christmas Eve. No injuries were reported and the car was towed.
- DWI: One police officer reported that there was a man passed out in his car at the intersection of North Washington St. and Central Ave. around 5 a.m. on Christmas Eve. When the officer woke the man up, he began to drive off on North Washington until he was stopped. Police charged the man with driving while intoxicated after a field investigation. He was later released on $150 bail.
- Assault: A woman reported she and her husband had been struck by an large, unruly intoxicated male on the northbound train to Tarrytown around 3 a.m. on Christmas Eve. The woman was treated for an injury to her right arm.
- Marijuana Possession: Police charged two people with possession of marijuana during a traffic stop on Neperan Road around 2 a.m. on Dec. 23.
- Police arrested an unidentified person who had been arrested and charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated on South Broadway around 11 p.m. on Dec. 22.
- Break-In: A home on Neperan Road was broken into after 10 a.m. and before 12:30 p.m. on Dec. 22. Police did not specify if anything was missing.
- Stolen BMW: A woman reported that her 2012 BMW had been stolen from her driveway on Tarryhill Road between 1 and 3:30 a.m. on Dec. 22. Police filed an investigation into the pre-Christmas theft.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.