TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow and Irvington last week:
- Armed with just a willing heart and a fetching smile, Carolina Montanico has risen from an entry-level custodial job at age 19 to general manager of the Tarrytown McDonald's and was recently awarded the 2014 Outstanding General Manager Award for the giant international fast-food corporation.
- Dozens of young women from the New York area got some lessons in the science of sports when the New York Liberty WNBA basketball team held an afternoon of seminars on the importance of Science Technology Engineering and Math on Thursday, Aug. 7 at the Liberty's training facility in Tarrytown.
- Greenburgh Police are seeking information about a robbery that occurred in a parking lot of M&T Bank at 218-1 Saw Mill River Road in Elmsford on Monday, Aug. 4.
- Evening and overnight electrical work on the Tarrytown approach to the Tappan Zee Bridge will continue starting Monday, Aug. 4.
- Greenburgh police arrested Marlon Murray, a 33-year-old town resident, on Tuesday, Aug. 5, when 28 pounds of marijuana were discovered after an investigation.
- 1 Irvington Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Big Brew NY Beer Festival Returns With Outdoor Fest In Tarrytown
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern