TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow and Irvington last week:
- Tarrytown resident Josh Davidson was one of a group on a visit to Israel with Hadassah Solidarity Mission to plant trees in honor of Israeli soldiers who have died in the recent conflict with Hamas.
- Tim Wages of Maywood, N.J., has joined Phelps Memorial Hospital Center as senior director of ancillary services with responsibility for cardiovascular and pulmonary services, respiratory care services, hyperbaric medicine, the Sleep Center and the Blood Gas Lab.
- Westchester County Police have identified the victim who died early Wednesday when his car left the Saw Mill River Parkway at the Ardsley exit ramp, crashed through a railing and plunged about 30 feet to the ground below.
- Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson, by Destination Hotels & Resorts, has announced the appointment of Laura Bass, a Yorktown resident, as the estate’s new catering sales manager.
- 1 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 2 Irvington Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Big Brew NY Beer Festival Returns With Outdoor Fest In Tarrytown