TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow and Irvington last week:
- Tarrytown resident Josh Davidson was one of a group on a visit to Israel with Hadassah Solidarity Mission to plant trees in honor of Israeli soldiers who have died in the recent conflict with Hamas.
- Tim Wages of Maywood, N.J., has joined Phelps Memorial Hospital Center as senior director of ancillary services with responsibility for cardiovascular and pulmonary services, respiratory care services, hyperbaric medicine, the Sleep Center and the Blood Gas Lab.
- Westchester County Police have identified the victim who died early Wednesday when his car left the Saw Mill River Parkway at the Ardsley exit ramp, crashed through a railing and plunged about 30 feet to the ground below.
- Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson, by Destination Hotels & Resorts, has announced the appointment of Laura Bass, a Yorktown resident, as the estate’s new catering sales manager.
- 1 Irvington Fire Chief Says He First Thought Stabbing Was Purse Snatching
- 2 Police Find More Than 10,000 Bags Of Heroin During Tarrytown Traffic Stop
- 3 Sleepy Hollow HS Principal Enjoys Appearance In Clinton Launch Video
- 4 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates
- 5 Deer Ticks Can Transmit Deadly Powassan Virus