TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow and Irvington last week:
- When Tarrytown's Rob Manfred was named as the new commissioner of Major League Baseball last week, Westchester County laid claim to being the home of all three of the nation's top professional sports commissioners -- and arguably the three most powerful people in pro sports.
- A Hastings-on-Hudson man reported missing by his family on Tuesday, Aug. 19, after he had not been heard from for more than a week,was found safe, according to Hastings Police.
- Police have released descriptions of the three suspects in the Tourneau jewelry store smash-and-grab robbery in The Westchester mall on Sunday.
- Nonprofit Westchester (NPW) has added two new members with Westchester Community College Foundation and A-HOME joining the advocate group for nonprofits.
- In a case that has drawn attention from throughout the area, the Medical Examiner’s Office has ruled the death of a Ridgefield baby a homicide, according to a report on NBCConnecticut.com.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Missing Woman With Dementia Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 5 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach