TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow and Irvington last week:
- Newly elected Major League Baseball commissioner Rob Manfred of Tarrytown will be the latest Westchester resident to head a major pro sports league.
- The Sleepy Hollow Village Board rejected a proposal on Tuesday, Aug. 12 to reexamine its decision to not hire a decorated Marine veteran to the police force, according to LoHud.com.
- Westchester County Police arrested two women in Ossining on Tuesday, July 29, including one on charges of prostitution, officials said.
- Buchanan-based Indian Point’s Unit 3 nuclear power plant automatically shut down in response to a false signal indicating a change in reactor coolant system pressure on Wednesday, Aug. 13.
- Rabid bats may be in Westchester, and residents who see a bat in their home should catch it and bring it in for testing, according to the Westchester County health department.