TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Tarrytown resident Josh Davidson was one of a group on a visit to Israel with Hadassah Solidarity Mission to plant trees in honor of Israeli soldiers who have died in the recent Operation Protective Edge conflict.
National President Marcie Natan led the Hadassah Solidarity Mission to Israel and planted the first tree in the Hadassah Grove at the KKL Beersheba River Park.
"I have a nephew serving in Gaza and couldn't stay away while the people of Israel are facing this crisis," Davidson said.
Hadassah has committed to plant a tree in memory of each fallen soldier.The delegation also visited the municipal emergency center with the deputy mayors. Almost 150 rockets have fallen in Beersheba in recent weeks.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 3 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car
- 4 Mason Struck, Killed By His Own Van In Greenburgh
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington