TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Tarrytown resident Josh Davidson was one of a group on a visit to Israel with Hadassah Solidarity Mission to plant trees in honor of Israeli soldiers who have died in the recent Operation Protective Edge conflict.
National President Marcie Natan led the Hadassah Solidarity Mission to Israel and planted the first tree in the Hadassah Grove at the KKL Beersheba River Park.
"I have a nephew serving in Gaza and couldn't stay away while the people of Israel are facing this crisis," Davidson said.
Hadassah has committed to plant a tree in memory of each fallen soldier.The delegation also visited the municipal emergency center with the deputy mayors. Almost 150 rockets have fallen in Beersheba in recent weeks.
- 1 Bomb Threat Closes Irvington HS/MS Campus
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington
- 3 Pocantico Hills' David Rockefeller Donates $4M For State Park Preserve
- 4 Hackley Ranks Among Smartest Private Schools In Nation
- 5 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show