TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Tarrytown resident Josh Davidson was one of a group on a visit to Israel with Hadassah Solidarity Mission to plant trees in honor of Israeli soldiers who have died in the recent Operation Protective Edge conflict.
National President Marcie Natan led the Hadassah Solidarity Mission to Israel and planted the first tree in the Hadassah Grove at the KKL Beersheba River Park.
"I have a nephew serving in Gaza and couldn't stay away while the people of Israel are facing this crisis," Davidson said.
Hadassah has committed to plant a tree in memory of each fallen soldier.The delegation also visited the municipal emergency center with the deputy mayors. Almost 150 rockets have fallen in Beersheba in recent weeks.
- 1 Tarrytown Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 2 Two Dozen Will Boycott Bill Cosby’s Shows At Tarrytown Music Hall
- 3 Snow Likely In Tarrytown On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 4 Route 119 Reopens After Closure In Greenburgh
- 5 Tarrytown Schools Closed, Irvington Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday