TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – Pre-construction work on the new Tappan Zee Bridge will continue next week, causing some lane closures, the New York State Thruway Authority said.
Work will close the right lane of northbound I-87/I-287 on Monday, Tuesday and Friday between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. so that crews can install monitors for the existing bridge during construction.
Southbound, the right lane on I-87/I-287 will be closed Wednesday and Thursday between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. for the same activity.
Crews will also continue construction of the temporary work trestle on the Westchester side of the river, which includes pile driving between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
The pre-construction work also includes surveys on the existing bridge and geotechnical land borings, in addition to work on the Rockland side.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Tarrytown Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night
- 3 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 4 Former Dobbs Ferry Resident Mark Zuckerberg Says He's Going To Be A Dad
- 5 Billionaire Westchester Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies