TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – Pre-construction work on the new Tappan Zee Bridge will continue next week, causing some lane closures, the New York State Thruway Authority said.
Work will close the right lane of northbound I-87/I-287 on Monday, Tuesday and Friday between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. so that crews can install monitors for the existing bridge during construction.
Southbound, the right lane on I-87/I-287 will be closed Wednesday and Thursday between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. for the same activity.
Crews will also continue construction of the temporary work trestle on the Westchester side of the river, which includes pile driving between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
The pre-construction work also includes surveys on the existing bridge and geotechnical land borings, in addition to work on the Rockland side.
- 1 Silo Structures On Tappan Zee Bridge Collapse, Causing Spills
- 2 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow
- 4 Cuomo Announces New York Will Ban Fracking
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Tarrytown, Sleepy HollowWill Have To Wait On 'Interview'