TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – Pre-construction work on the new Tappan Zee Bridge will continue next week, causing some lane closures, the New York State Thruway Authority said.
Work will close the right lane of northbound I-87/I-287 on Monday, Tuesday and Friday between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. so that crews can install monitors for the existing bridge during construction.
Southbound, the right lane on I-87/I-287 will be closed Wednesday and Thursday between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. for the same activity.
Crews will also continue construction of the temporary work trestle on the Westchester side of the river, which includes pile driving between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
The pre-construction work also includes surveys on the existing bridge and geotechnical land borings, in addition to work on the Rockland side.
- 1 Historic Irvington Home About To Hit Market For $14.75M, Report Says
- 2 Somers Pepsi Site Sells For Nearly $87M; Carlos Slim Said To Be Owner
- 3 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 4 Greenburgh Officer Relieved Of Duty For Posting Racist Photo On Facebook
- 5 Multi-Vehicle Crash Results In Saw Mill Closure