TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow and Irvington this week:
- Near-blizzard conditions brought more than half-a-foot of snow and sub-zero temperatures to Tarrytown on Thursday night into Friday.
- Andrew James Aquilia was expected to be born in late January, but the precocious infant arrived at Phelps Memorial Hospital Center in Tarrytown just after midnight on Wednesday, New Year's Day.
- Yonkers resident and "Bronx Tale" star Lillo Brancato Jr., 37 , has been released on parole after spending eight years in prison for attempted burglary, according to the N.Y. Daily News.
- The Westchester County Board of Legislators reached the $225 million mark for the 2012-13 legislative term in approved bonds for 152 separate capital projects, according to a press release.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced a joint agreement with Con Edison on Tuesday that includes a two-year electric delivery rate freeze and a three-year gas and steam distribution rate freeze starting Jan. 1, 2014.