WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- It may be officially spring, but a burst of snow could create travel headaches in the form of black ice in Westchester County on Tuesday night, according to Accuweather.com.
Clouds will cover the area throughout Tuesday with high temperatures reaching only 38 degrees. Snow will roll into the area later in the evening and into Wednesday morning with 1-3 inches possible in Central and Northern Westchester and between 2-4 inches possible in Southern Westchester. Parts of Eastern Long Island could receive 6 inches or more.
Temperatures will hover around freezing when the precipitation comes into the area before dropping below freezing around midnight, which could create black ice on road surfaces.
The chance of precipitation between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning is 76 percent.
- 1 Police Warn Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Man Recovering As 'Ice Missile' From 18-Wheeler On TZB Breaks Windshield
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison