SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. – Sleepy Hollow needs your help celebrating the new year.
Officials are asking residents to help collect items for the third annual New Year's Day community meal, taking place Jan. 1 at noon at the James Galgano Senior Center.
Village Administrator Anthony Giaccio says the village needs help with several items:
- Cooked entrees such as turkey, ham or pasta;
- Cooked sides such as vegetables, potatoes or salad;
- Uncooked food delivered prior to event;
- Cash donations;
- Paper products;
- Volunteers to set up, cook, serve or clean;
- Entertainment, such as a local choir.
“We want to try and reach as many people as possible to come and enjoy a nice, hot meal,” he said.
The annual dinner began in 2011 when then-Trustee Tom Capossela tried to set up a Thanksgiving meal. The feast was moved to New Year's Day because there wasn't enough time to prepare for it earlier.
Volunteers can contact Giaccio at 914-336-5105 or firstname.lastname@example.org before Dec. 28.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.