SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- A Sleepy Hollow man was sentenced to 22 years in prison on Tuesday, July 15, after pleading guilty to manslaughter in connection with the killing of his wife, according to Westchester County District Attorney Janet DiFiore.
Christopher Howson, 50, called 911 in January 2013 and told the operator that he had just strangled his wife, Theresa Gorski.
Responders transported Gorski to Phelps Memorial Hospital Center, where she remained on a ventilator for four days but died when she was removed from life support, the district attorney said.
Howson pleaded guilty to first-degree manslaughter and first-degree strangulation in May.
- 1 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 2 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow Farmers Market Opens Saturday
- 3 Irvington, Tarrytown Rank Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 4 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History
- 5 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit