SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- A Sleepy Hollow man was sentenced to 22 years in prison on Tuesday, July 15, after pleading guilty to manslaughter in connection with the killing of his wife, according to Westchester County District Attorney Janet DiFiore.
Christopher Howson, 50, called 911 in January 2013 and told the operator that he had just strangled his wife, Theresa Gorski.
Responders transported Gorski to Phelps Memorial Hospital Center, where she remained on a ventilator for four days but died when she was removed from life support, the district attorney said.
Howson pleaded guilty to first-degree manslaughter and first-degree strangulation in May.
- 1 One Is Killed In Crash In Yonkers Near Home Depot
- 2 Former FBI Agent From Sleepy Hollow Pleads Guilty In Bribery Case
- 3 Downed Utility Pole Snarls Traffic On Route 119
- 4 What's Open/Closed In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington On Christmas
- 5 MP Taverna Irvington Launches Loyalty Program With Perks