TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow and Irvington last week:
- Crews had to shut down two of the floating concrete plants being used in the construction of the new Tappan Zee Bridge after one silo tipped over and caused two others to collapse on Tuesday, according to LoHud.com.
- Phelps Memorial Hospital Center has opened a 20,163-square-foot surgical suite on the third floor of the 755 Medical Services Building.
- Sleepy Hollow village staffers were ordered by Mayor Ken Wray to stay away from local nonprofit Sleepy Hollow Downtown Revitalization Corporation , reports lohud.
- State Police are seeking the public’s assistance to help locate three missing residents of the Berkshire Farm Center for Youth in Canaan, N.Y., who they say may be heading to or in the Westchester/Putnam area.
- The vast reorganization of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York will merge several churches and parishes and could include three churches in White Plains and another four between Dobbs Ferry, Hastings-On-Hudson and Ardsley, according to The New York Times.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.