TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow and Irvington this week:
- Silvio Raul Illescas of Elmsford, 41, who pleaded guilty to rape, predatory sexual assault and assault charges in January, has been sentenced to 20 years to life in prison, according to a Westchester County District Attorney release.
- Two men pleaded guilty to various charges in connection with a fatal stabbing in Yonkers that occurred in May, according to a statement released by the Westchester County District Attorney's office.
- Metro-North Railroad suspended several train engineers for repeated safety violations in the 18 months leading up to the fatal derailment in December in the Bronx an investigation by ABC New York found.
- Allie Coppola of Tarrytown received New England Rookie of the Week honors for the final week of the Bates College women's basketball team's season.
- 1 Westchester Actor Has Detective Role In NBC Series 'Aquarius'
- 2 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 3 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Mother Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr No Longer At Phelps Hospital
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says