PELHAM, N.Y. -- United States and Mexican authorities are now cooperating in the search for world traveler and Pelham native Harry Devert, who was last heard from on Jan. 25 via text message.
Devert's family has been participating in conference calls with United States and Mexican authorities, according to a post made on the search's Facebook page.
According to the post, they feel they are getting the assistance they need but are reaching out to worldwide media. Today, groups of volunteers already in Mexico will begin to search for him on foot.
The family has also released pictures of Devert's unique tattoos, which may be key in identifying him.
The 32-year-old 1999 Pelham High School graduate is an avid world traveler who reportedly would drop off the grid for several weeks at a time, making little contact with anyone.
Devert's last text message, sent to his girlfriend via WhatsApp?, mentioned the dangers of traveling in certain areas in Mexico, which is notorious for kidnappings and drug cartel wars.
His Instagram account, which he updates frequently, has also been dormant since Jan. 22, when he last checked in from Uriangato, Mexico.
According to reports, his mother, New Rochelle resident Ann Devert, has filed paperwork for an emergency passport.
She hopes to travel to Mexico as soon as Friday, when the paperwork would be filed and completed.
Check back with Daily Voice for more updates.
- 1 Police Warn Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Man Recovering As 'Ice Missile' From 18-Wheeler On TZB Breaks Windshield
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison