WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y -- After more than two weeks of mystery, the Prime Minister of Malaysia announced Monday that Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 crashed into the southern Indian Ocean, killing everyone on board, according to CNN.
Daily Voice spoke with locals recently what they thought the fate of the plane was, with many speculating what ended up being confirmed by the Malaysian prime minister.
“In 2014, an airplane shouldn’t just up and vanish. It’s some scary (stuff) man,” he said on Wednesday. “Something real bad must have happened up there, and it’s even scarier no one seems to have any idea. This is real life, not an episode of 'Lost.' ”
Conspiracy theories abounded on television and the Internet that speculated the plane was safe and sound somewhere or that the plane was hijacked.
Daily Voice readers, such as Patricia Currence of Yonkers, N.Y., were optimistic that passengers were still alive, but hopes appear to have been dashed.
The wreckage of the plane was reportedly found 400 miles southwest of Perth, Australia.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow
- 3 Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 4 Sony Pulls Movie; Tarrytown, Sleepy HollowWill Have To Wait On 'Interview'
- 5 Happy Birthday To Sleepy Hollow’s Guy Adami